My college buddy Brian, his wife Kaitlyn and I drove to South Dakota for the weekend for a 40-hour adventure. It turns out you can stay pretty busy, even in a small town.
– Horseback riding on Sandman and Barney the mule
– Visit to the tri-state area with a loop down Dakota Ave in South Sioux City, Nebraska
– Lunch in Sioux City, Iowa (Amen for Chick-fil-A!)
– A visit to Palmer Candy for their cherry Twin Bing bars, a Midwestern favorite.
– A visit to Vermillion, South Dakota to tour the National Music Museum
– Church and then dinner at Los Amigos, one of two sit down restaurants in my hometown, and some of the best Mexican food north of the border.